Rains

It rained this morning. The intoxicating fragrance of the earth after a short spell of shower is something for which I've always fallen. This is probably the first rain influenced post on my blog. Rains make me happy as well as sad. The place where I am dwelling for the past 1.5years is famous for its drought but surprisingly, this place has been receiving more rains than ever before since the time I've landed. Lucky or Unlucky, I don't know.

Waking up to a rainy morning is one of the many things which is present in my chart of "I Absolutely love". The pitter-patter of raindrops on the window sill, the cold feeling and snuggling up in the soft cozy blanket is simply celestial. On days like this, I'd prefer a wearing an oversized sweatshirt, sipping a cup of hot coffee and enjoy the symphony being played by nature. There were days when I used to grab a good book and start reading it while sitting in the balcony. I'm already back in time but reality is harsh there aren't any balconies here.

Rainy days like these reminds me of a story of two friends.Lets call them Gamma and Beta. It was raining cats and dogs. For Gamma, it was the last day of college before joining office. They had to spend that day together but thanks to the on time performance of public transport they were stuck. Wading through deep water, rolled up jeans, flip flops in hand and an umbrella on top, Gamma managed to reach the place where Beta was waiting. All this to meet Beta!. After another kilometer of walk, they reached a coffee outlet. With freshly brewed coffee and cookies they sat there and chatted their hearts out. Watching through the window, how the city had come to a stand still. The complete scene was in a way surreal.
This was something which I'd loved to do! [Screwing up with real names was intentional but coming up Gamma and Beta as their replacement, well, blame my course books]

Silent and sullen birds with necks tucked deep into their chest sang a random musical composition till now, Canines mewling under edges of tiled roofs, Earthworms emerging from the ground like a person who runs away from the tax department. Ants running in a haywire fashion, just to unload their valued cargo of tiny eggs. And what not. Rainy days have their own charm. The nature shows its true beauty. Love struck peahen and peacock dance in the ground with the thunder as their bass, loud enough to send tremors down your spine.

Just like the rains, people in your life will come and go. Once they are gone, what matters are the memories of the time you've spent with them!

I'll sail away, it's time to leave
Rainy days, are yours to keep
Fade away, the night is calling my name
You will stay, I'll sail away

Drafted it long time back. Posting it now

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Between odds and the ones!

Ramblings Again!

And here it is..Century!