Instants

Just a single instant from my past
If I could hold it close forever
Just to make that instant last forever
I'd put the instant in a locker
within my heart's dwelling
Opening it when I want to
for it'll be me who would have the key
I'd be able to choose a time for being rhapsodic
I'd be able to choose a time for having fun
A time that tried me through everything I've done

Sitting and remembering about that instant,
which will make me smile
an instant which would push me,
to walk that extra mile

An instant to kick me out 
if I'm feeling sad and depressed
I'd just go to the locker
and watch my instant through.

There are instants which I can think of
There are instants which I cannot forget
Instants that would lift my emotions every single time
Instants which I gathered when there was an uphill battle
when the road was hard to climb.

I've gathered up a heap instead
Picking up that one instant 
to cherish, smile and save
is a really difficult task

Digging deep within
unearthing a treasure chest
discovering instants to cherish it had preserved
Still possessing the space for hundreds more. 

With an ambition to build a library
I dig deeper and deeper
For all the moments I've spent with you
It'll be a promise
that I'll never forget you..

Like a record, I can pick it up whenever I feel ike
set it in the player 
watch it through with my eyes closed

Comments

  1. Beautiful..would love to have a similar instance library...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeah..its great to have a library..whether instance one or your C++ one ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Between odds and the ones!

Ramblings Again!

A teardrop in the lake..