Au revoir

Farewell! A word that must be, and hath been - A sound which makes us linger; - yet - farewell! 

Au revoir...ahh!!  The most dreaded and unvanquished facet of life!
Transitioning can unquestionably bring along with it a lot of apprehensions.

Dwelling within these red bricks, exists a world which I can call mine. With feet on the ground, I am so settled here. I know the pathways, corridors, classes, eateries, trees, seasons, voices, faces, the people who walk around me and their places in my life. I even know the felines and canines inside the campus! But most importantly everybody knows me as I am.

We all are standing at the scene of departure only to make halts at better things in life. We all have different paths to travel, different ambitions to pursue. In March 2013, when we walk out of the gates of IMTN, for some, the move would be natural, even awaited in a few cases and there might not be any looking back but for others like me, the moments would linger on. 

The AEC, academic block, hostels, Co-op that housed us for these 2 crucial period of life, will not be the only things we'll move out of, we all will be transitioning from one phase of life to another.  When we go back home, we'll be leaving a structure that held us all in a single place, with an intangible bond - IMTian. It was this structure that facilitated our interaction with certain blessed mortals, who not only streamlined our perspective but also went ahead to show us how to live our dreams. We all will be poorer by plenty in March!

Personally, these 2 years have taught me a lot and that's apart from the course curriculum. I've learnt about friends, acquaintances, a few things about foes, a lot about relationships, uncertainties existing in future, and the world in general. I still remember, the first night of "Healthy Interaction", a jolly group of seniors told me, "At IMT, You'll find compeers and not friends, who'll vie with you on almost everything under the sun".  They might not have been wrong, because it was their perspective. I found diamonds who surpassed all thresholds of my expectations and were there by my side when I needed them. With them it was fun redefined and I discovered a state of being enraptured, which was still unknown to me.

I would part ways with a person who stood by my side in all states of affairs – serious or fun, pulled me back whenever I strayed aside and to my guarantee will always be there even before I have to call out.  I would part with friends who made me laugh insanely inside the classroom or outside. I'll miss all those people who were not only fun to party with but were illustrations of devotion, care, unconditional love and had a sense of togetherness. Parties, night outs, movies, barging into each other's rooms every now and then, talking for hours outside the Co-op, or even going to Panchu Bhau across the road - all will be things of the past.  I'll miss them, all.

Life will change. For most of us, our next meeting might be because of a mail or Facebook event invite containing a wedding invitation or the chapter meets or Melange.  

Right now the feeling is like I had just made a cuppa coffee, puffed up the bean bag, and was about to sit, just then someone pulled the bean bag out and I fell on the hard ground of reality. Now, I'll have to get up and make myself comfy again. I'll still have the coffee but the fun of having it is lost. With the bean bag, gone are my cronies, who were to sit along with me after 2 years of rat race, to enjoy the coffee we took 2 years to brew and mix. That's the strange rule of life, the moment you begin to make yourself comfortable, somebody just shakes the ground and the comfort is lost.

I have my concerns, I have my apprehensions, but then life has to go on. At this moment, I have the reality and I'll be moving towards the future with the help of perception. It takes a lot to hope that I'll have my diamonds for life because this is the wealth I have at present and it's not worth trading for any currency.

Though miles may lie between us we are never far apart, for friendship doesn't count miles its measured by the heart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Between odds and the ones!

Ramblings Again!

A teardrop in the lake..