Stroll of a lifetime

"The human spirit knows, deep down, that all lives intersect. That death doesn't just take someone, it misses someone else, and in the small distance between being taken and being missed lives are changed."


The first time when our hands intertwined, I knew you were the one, the chosen one for me.  For me, you were like an imaginative character from a creative tale in the custom of fairy narratives.


You introduced to me a person who was just another common fella trying to make the world a merrier place to live in. But, you made the person die while he was on a mission to save a cute little girl. Just to console me, you took me to a place which was not like the Shangri-la garden, a place where one was allowed to drift on clouds and slug in streams.


To my surprise, I find the person who gave up his life during the heroic event and he takes me for a stroll. Trusting him blindly, I start walking and on our path to nowhere he acquaints me to five people whom he had met during his life – all in a series of introductions and re-introductions. I listen to their conversations, his questions and their answers. I notice that with each meeting, his expressions change and he becomes all the more content with his past. It was like a child who has just been told the answers to the fill in the blank questions in an exam.


With every meeting, I am made to believe that the person understands what the significance of these acquaintances was when he was alive. In that perfect ambience, I soon realize that even these five people were dead and they all imparted knowledge regarding the life of my new friend and life in general. Questions like "Why do people gather when others die?” begins to fly.


Soon, reality strikes and it’s time for the two of us to part our ways. But, you leave me in a state of retrospection. Even I have my set of questions for them.More often than not, I never get the answers to my questions which are experiences which I encounter in life but I continue --- I tramp on, smiling or crying, pain-free or in pain. I live. Those 5 souls don’t pretend to offer me an answer but they do offer me a philosophy of leading a simple and a honest life. I still continue to ponder. But, It is. It just is. The answers may never be revealed to me? But, do they really need to be?


It strikes to me that I forgot to thank you for the beautiful stroll. Walking hand in hand, I grow crazy for you. No matter how lyrical and fictional our walk may sound, I thank you for everything you’ve offered to me. Had it not been you, this article wouldn’t have been possible for it is based on you – A review of The Five People you Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom.

Comments

  1. Why have you made this statement Madhur sir, isn't answers have the capability to soothe the mind, which keep wondering till the end if you doesn't get a satisfactory reply of your questions."do they really need to be?".Waise maine ye novel pada nahi hai!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Between odds and the ones!

Ramblings Again!

A teardrop in the lake..