In a matter of seconds..

I had just finished feeding him with few chapatis and a bowl of milk. After patting him for a while, I started moving towards my house. Screeching tires accompanied with a loud scream was enough to derail me. I turned back and a car zoomed past me, but what it left behind was blood and remains of the dog which I used to feed.  It was so sudden, I didn't want to believe it. Many years have gone by and I still don't believe it. I was left dumbstruck and failed to understand what had just happened. In a matter of seconds, the world seemed to be different place altogether. It took me few minutes to regain my senses. Failing to understand what to do, where to go, I just sat near the pool of blood for some time.



With whatever strength was left inside me, I started heading back towards my home. My parents never allowed me to keep him as a pet but they didn't stop me from loving and pampering him outside the house. I still yearn for him by my side..accompanying me while I used to walk. Till that time, I was unaware of what it was like to lose a loved one.


He was my heart.  He was friendly and was the one everyone wanted to take home. We used to run, walk, play and what not.I didn't tell anyone of what had happened that day.  Daily mom used to make food for him and I used to throw that at some corner.


Till now, I tear up every time I think of him.  I started to detach myself from pets until recently the attachment came back. I started loving dogs and cats again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Between odds and the ones!

Ramblings Again!

A teardrop in the lake..