Rambling!

Traveling in train is always fun especially when 50% of the coach is full with people you know. Standing at the door with the wind gushing through your hair and trying to maintain a tight grip just keep yourself away from toppling on the tracks. A distant sight, lights shimmering, a city is approaching. The train makes an abrupt halt under a bridge. I notice people sleeping under the bridge and the very next moment I am taken on different journey all together. The sight appears to be of a million dollar estate, orange lamps glittering in wavelets of the river right next to these people. The train starts to move again, greyish cloud puddles dripping over the tracks ahead.


Lost again, the thought of thumbing strikes my mind, but I couldn't catch a ride, the heart and the mind resumes the perennial fight of contradiction - the brain propagates take a chill pill theory but the heart is gripped by the impulse of catching it.That same impulse drives me to a cabbie and the guy immediately offers a ride ahead.
I can't explain how these things keep happening, how are these dots related to me. Barely moments, when I had a thought of eating something, the pantry guy offers me a wholesome dinner which for a change didn't taste bad. Was it tasting good because it was a good departure from the usual mess food or has the quality really improved? Whatever be the reason, I was left content. It wasn't until I finished my food that I realized I left some of the intangibles at the place where I had boarded the train. May be that's a sign I need to stop relying on colored flashes from the past and move on independently.


I begin to visualize the mountains taking a bath in the moon light, everywhere clouds flowing colors raged, a dirty train chugging through the sand storm. The very next moment, I start walking on the grass, barefoot! Sprinklers came on in the middle and the chill begins to settle in. A unfamiliar territory at this hour of the night, my condition is pathetically miserable but considering that I've been through a lot more than this, I know how to take care of myself. Whether to be happy or comfortable was not need of the hour but to be ok, safe and alive!



A muddy homeless person takes me to a cafe nearby, siting across, I start showcasing my culinary skills, and passed on a sandwich to her. She takes out a white pup from the bag which she was carrying, then reached to a plastic box and took out a pack of biscuits and fed it to the pup. Then consumed the sandwich in record time.


Sitting on the highway with those fulgent halogens, i adjust my specs and and then a open SUV pulled over, had me and my bag hop in the back. Leaning against the bag, I stretched my legs and the pick up gained speed, pulled onto the newly constructed expressway, I see the newly constructed racing ciruit, before I could sense some more the wind raged and the morning sunlight baked wind all over me..colors and lights thrummed ukelele on my unwaxed arms at 100kmph! Being driven through the fresh scents of farmlands, scenes of lakes flashing here and there. Zooming past the sky and clouds, I chose to enjoy the moment, it was one of those moments where if I died that second I would be at peace.


Ramblings of a sleepy mind!

Comments

  1. Have you experienced this type of madness?Even the imagination works good for the stressed mind.!!Wonderful piece of writing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Between odds and the ones!

Ramblings Again!

A teardrop in the lake..