A teardrop in the lake..


It was an unusual winter evening, she was sitting at the corner of a semi-frozen lake, looking at the patches of water with her panoptic eyes. I was on the other side of the lake, sitting on a bench under a maple tree, trying to write something but she took a majority of my attention. I could see her nose inhaling the intoxicating air from the lake.

There were people in front of us, trying their luck at fishing. Without any expression - be it sadness or happiness, she was staring at the lifeless lake. I again tried to resume my writing but my eyes kept on looking at her. The sun was in its final stage of descend, the darkness had spread its arms, engulfing the complete surrounding. I could see apparitions of those walking around the lake, couples probably. There was no sunset in the corner of the lake, yet there was something in the whole environment, which made it picturesque.

I collected my stuff, packed my bag and started to walk towards the other side of the lake. A few foot steps from reaching, I stopped. I turned. I saw the girl, she also stood up. I noticed her well groomed, light brown hair flying so beautifully in that cold yet welcoming breeze. But then, there was one thing which started to bother me, tears on her pink, chubby cheeks. I could make out the sadness but then what was on her mind? I could not help her. She was trying to handle her feelings but could not really help herself.

I stood there, watched her tears travelling all the way from her eyes onto her cheeks and then they became a part of the lake. They might have taken way a bit of her sadness from the eyes but not from her tender heart. Was she missing someone? She did not notice me.I was glad. I would not be able to heal her broken, bruised heart.

If only, one was able to find that teardrop in the lake, her intensity of love could have been understood by the world.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Between odds and the ones!

Ramblings Again!