Time for Bubblegums and Candies

Books, like friends who operate the steering wheel of our lives and assist us to explore more about self. With that thought in my mind, I generally pick up a book, read it and try to relate myself to it. Depending upon the story, I end up feeling light, happy, inspired or heavy , disgusted or sad. It is only after that I might decide whether the book is a friend or not.

One book that I read in recent times is ‘34 bubblegums and candies’ by Preeti Shenoy. When I first saw the book, the title intrigued me.  Not many of us can actually recollect incidents, which leave us ecstatic or discombobulated or happy or sad or even as blank as an A4 sheet. The author pens everything in an interesting way. It's like a cocktail of all such feelings and emotions spread across 34 incidents from the author's life.

The author describes life as a bubblegum or a candy which she says, is to be savored without following a handbook but with the unconditioned tactfulness to figure out how to move ahead in life. The book is all about the incidents which make you ponder, think and may be re-think, like chewing a bubble gum. There are instances which make you laugh and rapturous, just like when you have a candy. Romance, Tears, laughs, naughtiness, suspense, twists and some tears - All are beautifully wrapped in this book. 

A short book of about 150 pages including blank ones :P. It is very easy to read and even easier to comprehend.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Between odds and the ones!

Ramblings Again!

A teardrop in the lake..