Umm..when was the last time..

Late night car rides help me think, especially when I am returning from work. Letting someone else do the driving while I stare unobservant out of the window with light music soothing my ears, hardly stopping for little or no fellow riders - the world moves. All this is actually sanative. The wide, shimmering roads were like canvases - ready to absorb the colors from the painter's mind.

At a traffic signal, a baby in the car next to mine smiled at me. It was such an innocent smile which left me wondering - When was the last time..

I smiled at a stranger

I gave up a seat for the snr. citizens?

I refrained from bargaining a daily wage vendor?

I inquired about the well being of my domestic help, the cab driver, their families?

I thanked those guys who wipes the table at the restaurant and serves food?

I went for an early morning walk

I saw the sunrise and the sunset?

I gave myself a break

And just lay on the grass, social network and all forgotten

When was the last time I didn't turn anything what I did into a blog post or fb update?

I played cricket, badminton or video games?

I hung out with my family without any interruptions - phone calls, texts, IMs

I wrote a letter - handwritten or even a proper email?

And signed it off as 'With Love' instead of 'Thanks/Regards'?

I had a happy, to be remembered forever memory?

Comments

  1. Well written, these things are done out of compassion, so i guess never lose out on it even when u are engrossed in your daily responsibilities

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sameer! Absolutely, these are the things done out of compassion and not because of some force. There are a few things which I generally do out of the listed above but then there are times when I tend to forget..

      Delete
  2. Makes one think. We are losing (or perhaps have lost?) the ability to appreciate the finer nuances of life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Between odds and the ones!

Ramblings Again!

A teardrop in the lake..